Thursday, July 7, 2011

Long Class day - Rain

Well, finally today we got a taste of true English weather; cool and rainy.  It was ok that we were in the British Culture class all morning. Dr. Woods, along with 2 other speakers, discussed British class, politics and theater. It was all very interesting.  Then my students invited me to go to lunch with them to the Slug and Lettuce.  If you remember, I went there the first night we were here and it was once again excellent.  Then I went to the library to print off some materials. I am working some!

I heard from the Kingston Police today (no, nobody got arrested) regarding setting up a tour of their facility in Kingston and we will be going the morning of July 27.  Also I have to "ring up" (British word)  the court administrator at Crown Court on the 11th to set up that tour.  This weekend is the trip to Scotland but a lot of folks are staying behind so I think we will be doing the "tourist thing" in London, ie. Buckinham Palace, Tower of London, etc.

These are the rest of the side trips with the British Culture Class.
Tuesday 12th - Oxford
Thursday14th - Stonehenge and Bath
Tues 19th - Greenwich and Globe Theatre "All's Well That Ends Well"
Thursday 21st - Southhall Gurdwara

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment